– Related To Albert Einstein
Prezi for more information about Your Paper, your path
A recurring plea from scientists is generally to simplify the entire process of planning and publishing documents. With every log having various technical and formatting needs and several documents being submitted more often than once before publication, writers believe it is onerous to need to invest precious time re-formatting as opposed to engaging using the more effective facets of research. In fact, almost one in three scientists suggested вЂњpreparing manuscriptsвЂќ when asked what work tasks they discovered many irritating or time intensive, in a study performed by Elsevier’s analysis and Academic Relations department in 2012.
Using the goal of making the distribution procedure easier, the Elsevier log, Free revolutionary Biology and Medicine launched Your Paper, Your Way (YPYW) last year. YPYW is a simpler distribution procedure, concentrating on the standard of the technology into the initial phases of distribution and just elements that are requiring for ultimate manufacturing during the modification phase. If documents are refused, this easier distribution procedure saves writers commitment and in addition, might help them attain quicker book rates.
YPYW has now been extended to a huge selection of Elsevier journals. Every log that gives YPYW demonstrably suggests this at the start of its guide for writers, the following:
” We now differentiate involving the needs for brand new and submissions that are revised. You could decide to submit your manuscript as a solitary term or pdf file to be utilized within the refereeing procedure. Only once your paper are at the modification phase, are you considering required to place your paper right into a ‘correct structure’ for acceptance and offer those items necessary for the book of one’s article.”
Your Paper, The Right Path needs
- Authors may submit their manuscript (text, numbers and tables) as being a solitary file. This is A word or PDF file, in almost any structure or design, and numbers and tables could be put in the text.
- Numbers is of high quality that is enough refereeing.
- There are not any strict formatting needs but all manuscripts must retain the crucial elements needed seriously to evaluate a manuscript (Abstract, keyword phrases, Introduction, components & techniques, outcomes, Conclusions, Artwork and Tables with Captions).
- Recommendations is in almost any style or format, as long because the style is consistent. Author(s) name(s), journal title/book name, article title (where necessary), 12 months of book, amount & problem /book chapter therefore the pagination should be current. Utilization of DOI is very motivated. The guide design utilized by the log shall be employed to your accepted article by Elsevier in the evidence phase.
- Whenever a paper reaches the modification phase, authors will likely be required to provide any items which are nevertheless necessary for publication, as an example editable source files.
Reactions to YPYW
YPYW happens to be definitely gotten by writers. In a study delivered by Elsevier’s Research and Academic Relations department to writers that has chosen YPYW whenever publishing their manuscript, of this 3,958 authors surveyed, 70% reacted definitely whenever asked, “Did Your Paper, your path lessen the period of time it often takes to format and submit the manuscript?” reviews received from surveyed writers included:
. time-consuming formatting work had been maybe perhaps perhaps not undertaken needlessly.
I did not need to spend your time with formatting before being certain in regards to the acceptance.
It absolutely was simpler and faster than [the] traditional one. I believe it really is a way that is good speed the method.
92% of writers surveyed found YPYW effortless or excessively simple, when compared with 61% of writers whom utilized the process that is traditional.
To judge the effect on reviewers, 870 reactions from Elsevier’s current Reviewer Feedback Programme (RFP) were analyzed, of which 346 linked to a YPYW submission. There were no significant variations in reviewer satisfaction. Some reviewers have actually complimented the noticeable modification given that it makes their life better to look at the numbers and tables in the text, in the place of by the end for the manuscript as is typically needed.
“Your Paper, Your Way”, Kelvin J A Davies, PhD, DSc, Editor-in-Chief, Complimentary Revolutionary Biology & Medicine
“Your Paper, the right path additionally the reviewing procedure”, Catriona Fennell, Rebecca Barrie